If you are keen to learn more about the subject we can recommend the following titles:
Big cats in Britain
- Big Cats - Facing Britain's Wild Predators Rick Minter. 2011. Whittles Publishing
- Roaring Dorset! - Encounters with Big cats Merrily Harper. 2008. Roving Press
- Mystery Cats of The World - From Blue Tigers to Exmoor Beasts Karl Shuker.1989. Robert Hale
Big cats in Australia
It seems Britain is not the only country that has a population of large non-native cats. These two fascinating books tell the story.
- Australian Big Cats - An Unatural History of Panthers Mike Williams & Rebecca Lang. 2010. Strange Nation Publishing.
- Savage Shadow - The Search for the Australian Cougar David O'Reilly. 1981. Re-published 2011. Strange Nation Publishing.
There aren't a great many good books about leopards - here are four we particularly like
- The African Leopard - Ecology and Behaviour of a Solitary Felid Theodore N Bailey. 1993. Columbia University Press
- The Leopard in India: A Natural History J C Daniel. 2009. Natraj Publishers
- Leopard Gerald Hinde. 1992. Harper Collins
- The Man-eating Leopard of Rudrapryag Jim Corbett.1947. Re-published and reprinted many times - currently by Oxford India Paperbacks.
A bloody good read and one of my favourite books. Available from Amazon for just four pounds and worth every single penny.
Four books on pumas we have found to be of interest
- Desert Puma: Evolutionary Ecology and Conservation of an Enduring Carnivore Kenneth A Logan & Linda L Sweanor.2001. Island Press
- Stalked by a Mountain Lion - Fear, Fact and the Uncertain Future of Cougars in America Jo Deurbrouck. 2007. Falcon Guide.
- Shadow Cat - Encountering the American Mountain Lion Susan Ewing & Elizabeth Grossman (Eds) 1999. Sasquatch Books
- Beast of Never Cat of God - The Search for the Eastern Puma Bob Butz. 2005. The Lyons Press
- Biology and Conservation of Wild Felids David.W Macdonald & Andrew. J Loveridge (Eds). 2010.Oxford University Press
Available from Amazon
- Wild cats of the World - The Ultimate Guide to Every Species Worldwide Mel Sunquist and Fiona Sunquist. 2002. University of Chicago Press.
- The Big Cats and Their Fossil Relatives - An Illustrated Guide to Their Evolution and Natural History A. Turner & M. Anton. 1997. Columbia University Press